[openstack-dev] [Congress][Horizon]New BP submitted for Congress UI improvement

Zhipeng Huang zhipengh512 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 01:18:45 UTC 2015

Has anyone looked into this yet? Looks like a nice new feature for Congress
:)

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 5:32 PM, zhangyali (D) <zhangyali369 at huawei.com>
wrote:

>  Hello all,
>

> A month ago, I registered a blueprint named “horizon-policy-abstractions”
> in Congress, the link is:
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/congress/+spec/horizon-policy-abstraction.
> In this BP, I abstract the policy in congress into “name”, “object”,
> “violation condition”, “action” and “data”. And this abstraction will be
> show in Horizon. By this way, users can express their intent via these
> elements easier and more intuitional.
>

> In this month, I have completed the spec and discussed it with Janet Yu.
> she thinks it is a good idea to express users’ policy. Now I have submitted
> the spec, gerrit topic in
> https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/horizon-policy-abstraction,n,z
> ( https://review.openstack.org/#/c/168539/). And I have completed some
> codes, I think it looks good for typical use cases.
>

> So could you give some advices about if this policy abstraction is easy
> and intuitional to express policies in Congress in your opinion? Thanks a
> lot!
>

> Best regards,
>
> Yali Zhang

Zhipeng (Howard) Huang

Standard Engineer
IT Standard & Patent/IT Prooduct Line
Huawei Technologies Co,. Ltd
Email: huangzhipeng at huawei.com
Office: Huawei Industrial Base, Longgang, Shenzhen

(Previous)
Research Assistant
Mobile Ad-Hoc Network Lab, Calit2
University of California, Irvine
Email: zhipengh at uci.edu
Office: Calit2 Building Room 2402

OpenStack, OPNFV, OpenDaylight, OpenCompute Aficionado