[openstack-dev] [all] how to send messages (and events) to our users

Joshua Harlow harlowja at outlook.com
Wed Apr 8 22:14:21 UTC 2015

Sandy Walsh wrote:
> [...]

Sounds good to me ;)

http://docs.openstack.org/developer/taskflow/notifications.html were
designed for this purpose; some of the implementations at:

http://docs.openstack.org/developer/taskflow/notifications.html#implementations

I know that http://www.rackspace.com/cloud/big-data/ is using one of
these (among others) and using it to do various tracking of
workflows/tasks, and such and gathering the information at whatever
level is desired.

The neat thing is that it allows for post-workflow addition of listeners
so if at some future point you want to know the timing of your workflow,
well u can just plug another listener in that gathers this information
(for example
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/taskflow/notifications.html#taskflow.listeners.timing.EventTimeListener)...

-Josh