[openstack-dev] [barbican] Utilizing the KMIP plugin

John Wood john.wood at RACKSPACE.COM
Wed Apr 8 20:12:57 UTC 2015

Hello Christopher,

My local configuration is indeed seeing the kmip_plugin selection, but when stevedore tries to load the KMIP plugin it crashes because required files are missing in my local environment (see https://github.com/openstack/barbican/blob/master/barbican/plugin/kmip_secret_store.py#L131) for example.

Stevedore logs the exception but then doesn't load this module, so when Barbican asks for an available plugin it doesn't see it and crashes as you see. So the root exception from stevedore isn't showing up in my logs for some reason, and probably not in yours as well. We'll try to put up a CR to at least expose this exception in logs. In the mean time, make sure the KMIP values checked via that link above are configured on your machine.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
John

From: Christopher N Solis <cnsolis at us.ibm.com<mailto:cnsolis at us.ibm.com>>
Date: Wednesday, April 8, 2015 at 11:27 AM
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [barbican] Utilizing the KMIP plugin

Hey John.
I do have the barbican-api.conf file located in the /etc/barbican folder. But that does not seem to be the one that barbican
reads from. It seems to be reading from the barbican-api.conf file locate in my home directory.
Either way, both have the exact same configurations.

I also checked the setup.cfg file and it does have the line for kmip_plugin .

Regards,

  CHRIS SOLIS

[Inactive hide details for John Wood ---04/07/2015 10:39:18 AM---Hello Christopher, Just checking, but is that barbican-api.conf]John Wood ---04/07/2015 10:39:18 AM---Hello Christopher, Just checking, but is that barbican-api.conf file located in your local system's