[openstack-dev] [all] Kilo stable branches for "other" libraries

Devananda van der Veen devananda.vdv at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 14:37:26 UTC 2015

Thierry,

You left out python-ironicclient, which isn't a surprise as it isn't
actually listed in Nova's requirements.txt file. I don't have a link handy
to cite the previous discussions, but Nova felt that it was not appropriate
to list a driver's dependency in their project's requirements file.

As such, it is installed from pip in devstack/lib/ironic right now.

I've tagged a 0.5.0 version two days ago, and plan a quick fix (0.5.1)
today. I think it's reasonable for this library to be capped just like the
other python-*clients, but I'm not sure how to express that, due to Nova
not allowing this dependency in their requirements.txt file.

-Devananda