[openstack-dev] Barbican : Unable to authenticate with keystone V3 for Barbican curl command

Asha Seshagiri asha.seshagiri at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 19:49:38 UTC 2015

Thanks a lot John for your help and response.

I had followed the same set of instructions as given in the link 1
initially changing the version to v3  , it did not work and hence followed
with link 2 and is not working though.

The link 1 provided  below points to keystone v2 changes with barbican  and
not v3
[1]  http://docs.openstack.org/developer/barbican/setup/keystone.html .
But in this link  2 for Integration keystone V3 with barbican we have to
modify both the configuriation files
 *barbican-api-paste.ini and barbican-admin-paste.ini* files . There are
some changes in the filter and pipline names  names tied with v3

pipeline = keystone_v3_authtoken context apiapp
[filter:keystone_v3_authtoken]

[2]
https://github.com/cloudkeep/barbican/wiki/Integration-with-Keystone-V3-API

Could you please confirm that we need to follow the link 1 changing the
version from v2 to v3 with only modification in *barbican-api-paste.ini
 file and not **barbican-admin-paste.ini so that I can start looking into
the issue with the changes mentioned in link1 alone.*

Thanks and Regards,
Asha Seshagiri

--
*Thanks and Regards,*