[openstack-dev] [Ironic] How to deal with microversions in 3rdparty tools

Jim Rollenhagen jim at jimrollenhagen.com
Tue Apr 7 13:15:12 UTC 2015

I’m not sure that recommending one or the other is best.

We should lay out the options (as you just did) and let folks decide
what works best for them. For things like discoverd, where you have
many users, perhaps you should allow the user to pass a version (for
example, option 2 depends on the user running an Ironic version
that has a 1.6 at all — they could be at 1.4). For things like the
dashboard my team runs internally, we’ll be passing “latest” to the
API (we don’t use the client). We know we can move fast, and our
dashboard being broken for a short time following a deploy isn’t
the end of the world.

Hope that helps. :)

// jim