[openstack-dev] [neutron] [QoS] QoS weekly meeting

Armando M. armamig at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 22:33:59 UTC 2015

On 6 April 2015 at 08:56, Miguel Ángel Ajo <majopela at redhat.com> wrote:

>  I’d like to co-organized a QoS weekly meeting with Sean M. Collins,
>
>     In the last few years, the interest for QoS support has increased,
> Sean has been leading
> this effort [1] and we believe we should get into a consensus about how to
> model an extension
> to let vendor plugins implement QoS capabilities on network ports and
> tenant networks, and
> how to extend agents, and the reference implementation & others [2]
>
>     As per discussion we’ve had during the last few months [3], I believe
> we should start simple, but
> prepare a model allowing future extendibility, to allow for example
> specific traffic rules (per port,
> per IP, etc..), congestion notification support [4], …
>
>     It’s the first time I’m trying to organize an openstack/neutron
> meeting, so, I don’t know what’s the
> best way to do it, or find the best timeslot. I guess interested people
> may have a saying, so I’ve
> looped anybody I know is interested in the CC of this mail.

I think that's a good idea. Incidentally I was speaking with Sean regarding
Summit session [1], and we were hoping we could get some folks together
either prior or during the summit, to try and get some momentum going
behind this initiative, once again.

We'd need to fill in page [2], and find an empty slot on [3]

Thanks for starting this thread!

[1]
https://openstacksummitmay2015vancouver.sched.org/event/27eeef71d5f57997ac09b4c7783c72fe#.VSMIzJT-NhM

[2] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/NeutronSubTeams