[openstack-dev] [Heat][Horizon] What we can do for Heat in Horizon else?

Steve Baker sbaker at redhat.com
Mon Apr 6 21:36:07 UTC 2015

On 02/04/15 21:55, Sergey Kraynev wrote:
> Hi community.
>
> I want to ask feedback from our Heat team and also involve Horizon
> team in this discussion.
> AFAIK during Kilo was implemented bp:
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/horizon/+spec/heat-ui-improvement
>
> This bp add more base Heat functionality to Horizon.
> I asked some ideas from Heat guys. What we want to have here else ?
>
> There is only one idea for me about topology:
> create some filters for displaying only particular resources (by their
> type)
> F.e. stack has 50 resources, but there is half of them network resources.
> As user I want to see only network level, so I enable filtering by
> network resources.

Horizon can't launch stacks when the templates do file inclusion via
get_file or type inclusion. There was an effort a while ago to build a
stack-create workflow which introspected the template/env and prompted
for the required files but it wasn't completed.

Something I want to discuss in Vancouver is whether we should consider
supporting an archive format for packaging templates/environments/files
into a single file. The REST API would *not* support this archive format
so it would be up to the "client" (horizon server or heat CLI) to unpack
the archive before calling stack-create.

Something which solves multi-file horizon stack-create would be my No.1
feature request.