[openstack-dev] PTL Candidacy

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 16:57:07 UTC 2015

I would like to announce my candidacy for OpenStackClient PTL.  I started
this project nearly three years ago in order to give CLI users a uniform
experience in interacting with OpenStack clouds.  OSC was recently the
first project added as part of the new governance model.

While response to OSC has always been good the active developer group has
generally been small and development slower than we would have liked.  I am
now in a position to change that and step up the pace of development and
broaden the contributor base.

The future of OSC holds some interesting problems to solve, including
adopting a single low-level API to provide the backend REST handlers and
addressing the issue of installation and a multitude of dependencies.  We
have the introduction of a cloud/client configuration ability coming soon
and client-side caching of tokens and other cloud data following after.
There is also some refinement to make running in interactive mode more
suitable as a Bash coprocess.  And as always, keeping up with the project
commands is still a top priority

I believe there are certain areas where a strong guiding hand provides a
better end result than only building on consensus, and user interface
design consistency is one of those areas.  So much so that I like to say
the 'C' in OSC stands for 'consistency'.  The rest of the backronym is left
as an exercise to the reader.

I would be honored to have your support.

Thanks
dt

--

Dean Troyer