[openstack-dev] [Fuel] glusterfs plugin

Przemyslaw Kaminski pkaminski at mirantis.com
Wed Apr 1 13:48:23 UTC 2015

Hello,

I've been investigating bug [1] concentrating on the
fuel-plugin-external-glusterfs.

First of all: [2] there are no core reviewers for Gerrit for this repo
so even if there was a patch to fix [1] no one could merge it. I saw
also fuel-plugin-external-nfs -- same issue, haven't checked other
repos. Why is this? Can we fix this quickly?

Second, the plugin throws:

DEPRECATION WARNING: The plugin has old 1.0 package format, this format
does not support many features, such as plugins updates, find plugin in
new format or migrate and rebuild this one.

I don't think this is appropriate for a plugin that is listed in the
official catalog [3].

Third, I created a supposed fix for this bug [4] and wanted to test it
with the fuel-qa scripts. Basically I built an .fp file with
fuel-plugin-builder from that code, set the GLUSTER_PLUGIN_PATH variable
to point to that .fp file and then ran the
group=deploy_ha_one_controller_glusterfs tests. The test failed [5].
Then I reverted the changes from the patch and the test still failed
[6]. But installing the plugin by hand shows that it's available there
so I don't know if it's broken plugin test or am I still missing something.

It would be nice to get some QA help here.

P.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/fuel/+bug/1415058
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/admin/groups/577,members
[3] https://fuel-infra.org/plugins/catalog.html