[openstack-dev] [all] [tc] Multi-clouds integration by OpenStack cascading

joehuang joehuang at huawei.com
Tue Sep 30 23:13:53 UTC 2014

Hello, John Garbutt

Thank you for your message, I will register cross project topic following the link.

The major difference between Cells and OpenStack cascading is the  problem domain:

OpenStack cascading: to integrate multi-site / multi-vendor OpenStack instances into one cloud with OpenStack API exposed.
Cells: a single OpenStack instance scale up methodology

Therefore, no conflict between Cells and OpenStack cascading. They can be used for different scenario, and Cells can also be used as the cascaded OpenStack (the child OpenStack).

Best Regards

Chaoyi Huang ( joehuang)