[openstack-dev] [nova][cinder] (OperationalError) (1040, 'Too many connections') None None

Nader Lahouti nader.lahouti at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 17:34:38 UTC 2014

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 9:58 AM, Jay Pipes <jaypipes at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 09/29/2014 12:48 PM, Nader Lahouti wrote:
>
>> Hi Jay,
>>
>> I login first and the recreated the problem and here is the log:
>> http://paste.openstack.org/show/116776/
>>

> OK. Looks like there isn't anything wrong with your setup. I'm guessing
> you have set up Keystone to run in Apache with 10 worker processes, and you
> have the workers config option setting in nova.conf, neutron.conf and all
> the other project configuration files set to 0, which will trigger a number
> of worker processes equal to the number of CPU cores on your box, which I'm
> guessing from looking at your SHOW FULL PROCESSLIST is around 24-32 cores.

I haven't modified the default values in *.conf files (I'm using devstack
for installation) for workers setting.
How  to check that keystone is using apache with 10 worker process?
And the number of CPU cores on my box is 32.

> Solution: either lower the workers configuration option from 0 to
> something like 12, or increase the max_connections setting in your my.cnf
> to something that can handle the worker processes from all the OpenStack
> services (I'd recommend something like 2000).

Just for clarification, regarding the setting of workers option in the
*.conf file:
Fore neutron:
# api_workers = 0

For nova, what option should be set?
I see  these options:
metadata_workers=None(IntOpt)Number of workers for metadata service

I'll try your solution and let you know the result.