[openstack-dev] [all] setuptools 6.0 ruins the world

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Mon Sep 29 11:01:55 UTC 2014

On 09/29/2014 05:06 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> Sean Dague wrote:
>> Setuptools 6.0 was released Friday night. (Side note: as a service to
>> others releasing major software bumps on critical python software on a
>> Friday night should be avoided.)
>
> Since it's hard to prevent upstream from releasing over the weekends,
> could we somehow freeze our PyPI mirrors from Friday noon to Monday noon
> infra-team time ?

Honestly, I'm not sure that would be very helpful. There tend to be
people with one eye open on things over the weekend (like I was this
weekend), and the fact that it was fixed then meant most people never
saw the break. If we did a giant requirements release every monday
morning it would also be *far* more difficult to figure out just based
on release dates which upstream dependency probably just killed us.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net