[openstack-dev] [horizon] - Customize image list in project dashboard

Marcos Fermin Lobo marcos.fermin.lobo at cern.ch
Mon Sep 29 09:24:20 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I would like to know if is possible to customize the image list in project dashboard in Horizon Icehouse. I want to make some modifications in the HTML table, but ONLY for image list in project dashboard.

-          Is it possible?

-          How can I customize this view?

-          Is there a procedure to customize specific HTML's in Horizon?

The modification that I want to do is this: https://ask.openstack.org/en/question/48479/split-image-list-in-n-tables/

I've deep on the code and I realized that I need to re-define these HTML's:

-          /horizon/templates/horizon/common/_data_table.html

-          /horizon/templates/horizon/common/_data_table_table_actions.html

-          /horizon/templates/horizon/common/_data_table_cell.html

I've achieved to re-define "_data_table.html" file for image list on project dashboard, I've just copy paste that file to /openstack_dashboard/templates/images/ directory and change the value of "template" parameter to "images/_data_table.html" in Meta class [1]. I tried to do the same procedure to re-define other files, but the django and horizon loaders don't check on /openstack_dashboard/templates/ directory for table_actions and table_cell re-definition (Meta class doesn't have parameter for more templates).

Thank you.

Best regards,
Marcos.

[1] - https://github.com/openstack/horizon/blob/stable/icehouse/openstack_dashboard/dashboards/project/images/images/tables.py#L229