[openstack-dev] VPNaaS site to site connection down.

masoom alam masoom.alam at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 05:38:58 UTC 2014

Hi Germy

We cannot ping the public interface of the 2nd devstack setup (devstack
West). From our Cirros instance (First devstack -- devstack east), we can
ping our own public ip, but cannot ping the other public ip. I think
problem lies here, if we are reaching the devstack west, how can we make a
VPN connection

Our topology looks like:

*CirrOS --->Qrouter---->Public IP -------publicIP---->Qrouter----->CirrOS*
       devstack EAST                                        devstack WEST

Also it is important to note that we are not able to ssh the instance
private ip, without *sudo ip netns qrouter id *so this means we cannot even
ssh with floating ip.

it seems there is a problem in firewall or iptables.

Please guide