[openstack-dev] [all] Unplanned project infrastructure reboots

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sun Sep 28 14:44:20 UTC 2014

The OpenStack project infrastructure servers which provide the
majority of our developer and community resources will be down for
brief periods throughout the day while the service provider donating
the resources to run them restarts the underlying Nova compute nodes
over the course of a day-long emergency maintenance window. All our
systems are designed to tolerate random reboots and getting
restarted in any order, but there is still a risk of prolonged
impact (particularly due to unforeseen consequences of interrupting
interactions between interdependent systems).

I will follow up again in roughly 12 hours once I'm reasonably
confident the maintenance activity poses no further risk to these
systems and have given then a cursory health check to make sure
nothing's seriously broken prior to heading into the work week.
--
Jeremy Stanley