[openstack-dev] Group-Based Policy Understanding and Queries

Sachi Gupta sachi.gupta at tcs.com
Fri Sep 26 07:10:14 UTC 2014

Hi All,

Request you all to provide inputs of the below queries:

As per my understanding GBP constructs are mapped to neutron calls for
example - creating an endpoint, the neutron mapping driver will map it to
the existing port creation method. Similarly to achieve the complete
functionality of GBP openstack, I have checked for the neutron calls and
it includes network, subnet, port, router, security group.

Creating a contract - policy rules..Will this include a call to firewall
rules or only security group calls will be done?
I need to integrate Openstack with Opendaylight(ODL). To achieve the
interface between two will it be done by ML2 plugin and neutron mapping
driver of Openstack or something additional is required?
The neutron northbound APIs of ODL include network, subnet, port, router,
security groups, firewall calls. Any other call that needs to be included
a part from these in ODL.
Do the neutron calls that will be mapped by the neutron mapping driver of
openstack are something different from the previous neutron calls that
were being made without using GBP??? For example: The network create call
that was used previously with ODL without using GBP in openstack. Will it
be different from the network call to ODL that will be made by GBP mapping
driver of openstack.
How the GBP project in openstack will be affecting the Opendaylight
neutron calls??

Thanks in Advance
Sachi Gupta