[openstack-dev] [Ironic] Get rid of the sample config file

Jay Faulkner jay at jvf.cc
Thu Sep 25 17:33:47 UTC 2014

On Sep 25, 2014, at 9:23 AM, Lucas Alvares Gomes <lucasagomes at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Today we have hit the problem of having an outdated sample
> configuration file again[1]. The problem of the sample generation is
> that it picks up configuration from other projects/libs
> (keystoneclient in that case) and this break the Ironic gate without
> us doing anything.
>
> So, what you guys think about removing the test that compares the
> configuration files and makes it no longer gate[2]?
>
> We already have a tox command to generate the sample configuration
> file[3], so folks that needs it can generate it locally.

+1

In a perfect world, one would be generated and put somewhere for easy access without a development environment setup. However I think the impact from having this config file break pep8 non-interactively is important enough to do it now and worry about generating one for docs later. :)

-
Jay Faulkner