[openstack-dev] [Manila] ./run_tests issue

Ben Nemec openstack at nemebean.com
Thu Sep 25 15:52:19 UTC 2014

On 09/22/2014 01:29 AM, Deepak Shetty wrote:
> Thats incorrect, as i said in my original mail.. I am usign devstack+manila
> and it wasn't very clear to me that mysql-devel needs to be installed and
> it didn't get installed. I am on F20, not sure if that causes this , if
> yes, then we need to debug and fix this.

This is because by default devstack only installs the packages needed to
actually run OpenStack.  For unit test deps, you need the
INSTALL_TESTONLY_PACKAGES variable set to true in your localrc.  I've
advocated to get it enabled by default in the past but was told that
running unit tests on a devstack vm isn't the recommended workflow so
they don't want to do that.

> Maybe its a good idea to put a comment in requirements.txt statign that the
> following C libs needs to be installed for  the venv to work smoothly. That
> would help too for the short term.

It's worth noting that you would need multiple entries for each lib
since every distro tends to call them something different.