[openstack-dev] [nova] Create an instance with a custom uuid

joehuang joehuang at huawei.com
Thu Sep 25 00:39:03 UTC 2014

It can also be done by external system to do the mapping of UUID, but not to change the API.

When I develop Windows app, for example CListBox, for each list item, you can set item-data(four bytes). Sometimes I use the item-data to store the index or pointer of the object the item belongs to.

If the user click the list box, and select one item, the regarding object could be find very fast.

This is also not good idea for we have to change the API and  “that's ripe for a DOS“ (rpodolyaka at mirantis.com<mailto:rpodolyaka at mirantis.com>).

So I admit that I give +1 too early.  Thanks to Joe and rpodolyaka.

Best Regards
Chaoyi Huang ( Joe Huang )