[openstack-dev] [Nova] Release criticality of bug 1365606 (get_network_info efficiency for nova-network)

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Wed Sep 24 22:51:03 UTC 2014

Hi,

so, I'd really like to see https://review.openstack.org/#/c/121663/
merged in rc1. That patch is approved right now.

However, it depends on https://review.openstack.org/#/c/119521/, which
is not approved. 119521 fixes a problem where we make five RPC calls
per call to get_network_info, which is an obvious efficiency problem.

Talking to Vish, who is the author of these patches, it sounds like
the efficiency issue is a pretty big deal for users of nova-network
and he'd like to see 119521 land in Juno. I think that means he's
effectively arguing that the bug is release critical.

On the other hand, its only a couple of days until rc1, so we're
trying to be super conservative about what we land now in Juno.

So... I'd like to see a bit of a conversation on what call we make
here. Do we land 119521?

Michael

--
Rackspace Australia