[openstack-dev] [OpenStack][Trove] Building new image for trove

Amrith Kumar amrith at tesora.com
Wed Sep 24 13:38:43 UTC 2014

Swapnil,

If the default image being created by devstack gives you a timeout on launch, I don’t think your issue is with the image itself.

Your best guide (for now) for creating a guest image is to follow the template that devstack uses. I’m on the hook for writing some documentation on how to build a guest image and I’ll send you a draft as soon as I have one.

The trove guestagent service is the only one (that I know of) that must be running on the guest.

Out of curiousity, are you able to launch the image you created as a simple Nova image? And if you do that, does it go active?

-amrith