[openstack-dev] [Fuel] 5.1 release is out

Mike Scherbakov mscherbakov at mirantis.com
Wed Sep 24 04:06:16 UTC 2014

Hi all,
I'm thrilled to announce 5.1 release of Fuel. Tags are pushed out to repos,
so you can build ISO [1] or download one of the nightly builds [2]. I
believe we should also build an ISO out of tags and publish it, so everyone
can just download and use.

Among features implemented:
- Access control to master node
- ML2 support
- Experimental mode support
- Zabbix for monitoring
- Backup / restore of Fuel Master node
- Mellanox integration
- NSX Neutron plugin intergration
- public IPs on compute nodes are allocated now only with nova-network
.. and other blueprints [3].
Among non-functional stuff, we've made significant improvement on HA side.
Galera auto-reassembling, ocf scripts for RabbitMQ are one of the key
improvements.

In 5.1 we've processed over 1100 bugs, with making the bar for quality
higher and higher.

Release notes are available at [4]. Currently it's combined Fuel + MOS, and
there is a plan to separate these things in the future.

[1] http://docs.mirantis.com/fuel-dev/develop/env.html#building-the-fuel-iso
[2] https://fuel-jenkins.mirantis.com/view/ISO/
[3] https://launchpad.net/fuel/+milestone/5.1
[4] http://docs.mirantis.com/openstack/fuel/fuel-5.1/release-notes.html