[openstack-dev] [Nova] [All] API standards working group

Christopher Yeoh cbkyeoh at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 02:40:34 UTC 2014

On Tue, 23 Sep 2014 18:18:56 -0400
Jay Pipes <jaypipes at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 09/23/2014 05:03 PM, Rochelle.RochelleGrober wrote:
> > jaypipes at gmail.com <mailto:jaypipes at gmail.com> on Tuesday,
> > September 23, 2014 9:09 AM wrote:
> >
> > _____________Snip____________________________
> >
> > I'd like to say finally that I think there should be an OpenStack
> > API
> >
> > working group whose job it is to both pull together a set of
> > OpenStack
> >
> > API practices as well as evaluate new REST APIs proposed in the
> >
> > OpenStack ecosystem to provide guidance to new projects or new
> >
> > subprojects wishing to add resources to an existing REST API.
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > -jay
> >
> > */[Rocky Grober] /*++
> >
> > */Jay, are you volunteering to head up the working group? Or at
> > least be an active member?  I’ll certainly follow with interest,
> > but I think I have my hands full with the log rationalization
> > working group./*
>
> Yes, I'd be willing to head up the working group... or at least
> participate in it.

I'd be very interested in participating as well.

At the last Design Summit at the cross project API consistency session
we talked about setting up a wiki page for guidelines. I've made a
start on this though its very much from a Nova perspective and could
do with input from all the other projects.

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance/Proposed/APIGuidelines

Chris