[openstack-dev] [Neutron][LBaaS] Migrations in feature branch

Eugene Nikanorov enikanorov at mirantis.com
Wed Sep 24 00:55:04 UTC 2014

Hi neutron and lbaas folks.

Recently I briefly looked at one of lbaas proposed into feature branch.
I see migration IDs there are lined into a general migration sequence.

I think something is definitely wrong with this approach as feature-branch
components are optional, and also master branch can't depend on revision
IDs in
feature-branch (as we moved to unconditional migrations)

So far the solution to this problem that I see is to have separate
migration script, or in fact, separate revision sequence. The problem is
that DB models in feature branch may depend on models of master branch,
which means that each revision of feature-branch should have a kind of
"minimum required" revision of the master branch.
The problem that revision IDs don't form linear order, so we can't have
'minimum' unless that separate migration script may analyze master branch
migration sequence and find minimum required migration ID.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Eugene.