[openstack-dev] [requirements][horizon] Dependency freeze exceptions: django-openstack-auth

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 10:31:03 UTC 2014

Sorry for the delay. django-openstack-auth 1.1.7 was released last Friday and
it seems David forgot to update global requirements.

Now let me clarify how to handle this kind of bugs which requires a
fix in a library after the release.
What is the appropriate way to fix a bug depending on libraries
(including internal and external libraries) after the release.
Can we mark the bug as "Fixed" even if operators use a newer released
version of libraries is used?
In this case the bug itself is not fixed without upgrading the libraries,
but we cannot update the requirement after the release in general.
Another way is to copy the logic from a library a workaround but it is
a bit ugly.
Of course we need to keep compatibility for the declared version in
requirement.txt.

Thanks,
Akihiro

Akihiro Motoki <amotoki at gmail.com>