[openstack-dev] [keystone] Stepping down as PTL

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Tue Sep 23 02:54:23 UTC 2014

On 09/22/2014 10:47 AM, Dolph Mathews wrote:
> Dearest stackers and [key]stoners,
>
> With the PTL candidacies officially open for Kilo, I'm going to take
> the opportunity to announce that I won't be running again for the
> position.
>
> I thoroughly enjoyed my time as PTL during Havana, Icehouse and Juno.
> There was a perceived increase in stability [citation needed], which
> was one of my foremost goals. We primarily achieved that by improving
> the communication between developers which allowed developers to share
> their intent early and often (by way of API designs and specs). As a
> result, we had a lot more collaboration and a great working knowledge
> in the community when it came time for bug fixes. I also think we
> raised the bar for user experience, especially by way of reasonable
> defaults, strong documentation, and effective error messages. I'm
> consistently told that we have the best out-of-the-box experience of
> any OpenStack service. Well done!
>
> I'll still be involved in OpenStack, and I'm super confident in our
> incredibly strong core team of reviewers on Keystone. I thoroughly
> enjoy helping other developers be as productive as possible, and
> intend to continue doing exactly that.
  OpenStack owes you more than most people realize.  I personally owe
you a huge debt of gratitude.

Don't you dare pull a Joe Heck and disappear on us now.  I'd be the old
man on the Keystone project if you do, and everyone knows that I lie and
make things up on the spot.  I'd have to invent reasons for half the
things we do.

See you in Paris.