[openstack-dev] [Nova] Deprecating localfs?

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Mon Sep 22 23:53:36 UTC 2014

Hi.

I know we've been talking about deprecating nova.virt.disk.vfs.localfs
for a long time, in favour of wanting people to use libguestfs
instead. However, I can't immediately find any written documentation
for when we said we'd do that thing.

Additionally, this came to my attention because Ubuntu 14.04 is
apparently shipping a libguestfs old enough to cause us to emit the
"falling back to localfs" warning, so I think we need Ubuntu to catch
up before we can do this thing.

So -- how about we remove localfs early in Kilo to give Canonical a
release to update libguestfs?

Thoughts appreciated,
Michael

--