[openstack-dev] Oslo messaging vs zaqar

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Mon Sep 22 17:57:37 UTC 2014

Geoff, do you expect all of our users to write all of their messaging
code in Python?

oslo.messaging is a _python_ library.

Zaqar is a service with a REST API -- accessible to any application.

As Zane's sarcastic reply implied, these are as related as sharks are
to tornados. Could they be combined? Yes [1]. But the only result would be
dead people and sharks strewn about the landscape.

[1] http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2724064/

Excerpts from Geoff O'Callaghan's message of 2014-09-20 01:17:45 -0700: