[openstack-dev] [Nova] - do we need .start and .end notifications in all cases ?

Sandy Walsh sandy.walsh at RACKSPACE.COM
Mon Sep 22 15:42:39 UTC 2014

Totally agree. Though I would go one step further and say the Task state
transitions should be managed by notifications.

Then oslo.messaging is reduced to the simple notifications interface (no RPC).
Notification follow proper retry semantics and control Tasks.
Tasks themselves can restart/retry/etc.

(I'm sure I'm singing to the choir)

-S