[openstack-dev] [Neutron] - what integration with Keystone is allowed?

Dolph Mathews dolph.mathews at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 19:14:43 UTC 2014

Querying keystone for tenant names is certainly fair game.

Keystone should be considered the only source of truth for tenant names
though, as they are mutable and not globally unique on their own, so other
services should not stash any names from keystone into long term
persistence (users, projects, domains, groups, etc-- roles might be an odd
outlier worth a separate conversation if anyone is interested).

Store IDs where necessary, and use IDs on the wire where possible though,
as they are immutable.