[openstack-dev] Thoughts on OpenStack Layers and a Big Tent model

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 17:17:47 UTC 2014

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 12:02 PM, Adam Lawson <alawson at aqorn.com> wrote:

> Can someone do a small little Visio or other visual to explain what's
> being

Sean's blog post included a nice diagram that is Monty's starting point:
https://dague.net/2014/08/26/openstack-as-layers/

AIUI Monty's Layer 1 is basically the original layers 1+2.  I had separated
them originally as layer 2 is optional from a purely technical perspective,
but not really from a cloud user perspective.

layers tl;dr: For my purposes layers 1, 2 and a hand-wavey 'everything
else'  is useful.  Others find combing layers 1 and 2 more useful,
especially for organizational and other purposes.

dt

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com