[openstack-dev] Please do *NOT* use "vendorized" versions of anything (here: glanceclient using requests.packages.urllib3)

Brant Knudson blk at acm.org
Fri Sep 19 15:54:08 UTC 2014

I don't think anyone would be complaining if glanceclient didn't have the
need to reach into and monkeypatch requests's connection pool manager[1].
Is there a way to tell requests to build the https connections differently
without monkeypatching urllib3.poolmanager?

glanceclient's monkeypatching of the global variable here is dangerous
since it will mess with the application and every other library if the
application or another library uses glanceclient.

[1]
http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/python-glanceclient/tree/glanceclient/common/https.py#n75

- Brant