[openstack-dev] [Nova] Some ideas for micro-version implementation

Alex Xu xuhj at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Sep 19 06:39:36 UTC 2014

Close to Kilo, it is time to think about what's next for nova API. In
Kilo, we
will continue develop the important feature micro-version.

In previous v2 on v3 propose, it's include some implementations can be
used for micro-version.
(https://review.openstack.org/#/c/84695/19/specs/juno/v2-on-v3-api.rst)
But finally, those implementations was considered too complex.

So I'm try to find out more simple implementation and solution for
micro-version.

I wrote down some ideas as blog post at:
http://soulxu.github.io/blog/2014/09/12/one-option-for-nova-api/

And for those ideas also already done some POC, you can find out in the
blog post.

As discussion in the Nova API meeting, we want to bring it up to
mail-list to
discussion. Hope we can get more idea and option from all developers.

We will appreciate for any comment and suggestion!

Thanks
Alex