[openstack-dev] [neutron][db] Ensuring db isolation between tests

Maru Newby marun at redhat.com
Thu Sep 18 09:44:17 UTC 2014

For legacy reasons, the Neutron test suite creates and destroys a db for each test.  There is a patch proposed to create the tables once and then ensure the tables are wiped at the end of each test [1], providing a performance improvement of ~10%.  I was wondering if this is the best way to provide isolation, since I’ve heard that isolation via per-test transactions should also work.  The patch author reported problems with this approach - apparently nested commits were not being rolled back.  Is there some trick to isolating with transactions that wouldn’t be immediately obvious?

Thanks,

Maru

1: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/122028/