[openstack-dev] Log Rationalization -- Bring it on!

Jay Faulkner jay at jvf.cc
Thu Sep 18 03:43:07 UTC 2014

Comments inline.

Something that could be interesting is to see if we can emit metrics everytime a loggable event happens. There's already a spec+code being drafted for Ironic in Kilo (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/100729/ & https://review.openstack.org/#/c/103202/) that we're using downstream to emit metrics from Ironic.

If we have good organization of logging events, and levels, perhaps there's possibly a way to make it easy for metrics to be emitted at that time as well.

-
Jay Faulkner