[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Set WIP for stale patches?

James Polley jp at jamezpolley.com
Wed Sep 17 23:23:41 UTC 2014

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 8:24 AM, James E. Blair <corvus at inaugust.com> wrote:

> "Sullivan, Jon Paul" <JonPaul.Sullivan at hp.com> writes:
>
> > I think this highlights exactly why this should be an automated
> > process.  No errors in application, and no errors in interpretation of
> > what has happened.
> >
> > So the -1 from Jenkins was a reaction to the comment created by adding
> > the workflow -1.  This is going to happen on all of the patches that
> > have their workflow value altered (tests will run, result would be
> > whatever the result of the test was, of course).
>
> Jenkins only runs tests in reaction to comments if they say "recheck".
>
> > But I also agree that the Jenkins vote should not be included in the
> > determination of marking a patch WIP, but a human review should (So
> > Code-Review and not Verified column).
> >
> > And in fact, for the specific example to hand, the last Jenkins vote
> > was actually a +1, so as I understand it should not have been marked
> > WIP.
>
> I'd like to help you see the reviews you want to see without
> externalizing your individual workflow onto contributors.  What tool do
> you use to find reviews?

We updated our wiki back in June to point people at:

https://review.openstack.org/#/dashboard/?foreach=%28project%3Aopenstack%2Ftripleo-incubator+OR+project%3Aopenstack%2Ftripleo-image-elements+OR+project%3Aopenstack%2Ftripleo-heat-templates+OR+project%3Aopenstack%2Ftripleo-specs+OR+project%3Aopenstack%2Fos-apply-config+OR+project%3Aopenstack%2Fos-collect-config+OR+project%3Aopenstack%2Fos-refresh-config+OR+project%3Aopenstack%2Fos-cloud-config+OR+project%3Aopenstack%2Fdiskimage-builder+OR+project%3Aopenstack%2Fdib-utils+OR+project%3Aopenstack-infra%2Ftripleo-ci+OR+project%3Aopenstack%2Ftuskar+OR+project%3Aopenstack%2Fpython-tuskarclient%29+status%3Aopen+NOT+label%3AWorkflow%3C%3D-1+NOT+label%3ACode-Review%3C%3D-2&title=TripleO+Inbox&My+Patches+Requiring+Attention=owner%3Aself+%28label%3AVerified-1%252cjenkins+OR+label%3ACode-Review-1%29&TripleO+Specs=NOT+owner%3Aself+project%3Aopenstack%2Ftripleo-specs&Needs+Approval=label%3AVerified%3E%3D1%252cjenkins+NOT+owner%3Aself+label%3ACode-Review%3E%3D2+NOT+label%3ACode-Review-1&5+Days+Without+Feedback=label%3AVerified%3E%3D1%252cjenkins+NOT+owner%3Aself+NOT+project%3Aopenstack%2Ftripleo-specs+NOT+label%3ACode-Review%3C%3D2+age%3A5d&No+Negative+Feedback=label%3AVerified%3E%3D1%252cjenkins+NOT+owner%3Aself+NOT+project%3Aopenstack%2Ftripleo-specs+NOT+label%3ACode-Review%3C%3D-1+NOT+label%3ACode-Review%3E%3D2+limit%3A50&Other=label%3AVerified%3E%3D1%252cjenkins+NOT+owner%3Aself+NOT+project%3Aopenstack%2Ftripleo-specs+label%3ACode-Review-1+limit%3A20

It's probably not the only thing people use, but it should give you an idea
of what we'd find useful.

> If it's gerrit's webui, have you tried using the Review Inbox dashboard?
> Here it is for the tripleo-image-elements project:
>

> https://review.openstack.org/#/projects/openstack/tripleo-image-elements,dashboards/important-changes:review-inbox-dashboard

That gave me an error: Error in operator label:Code-Review>=0,self

After trying a few times I realised I hadn't logged in yet. After logging
in, it works. It'd be nice if it triggered the login sequence instead of
just giving me an error.

> If you would prefer something else, we can customize those dashboards to
> do whatever you want, including ignoring changes that have not been
> updated in 2 weeks.

I'd love to be able to sort by least-recently-updated, to encourage a FIFO
pattern. At present, even on our dashboard above, the best we've been able
to do is highlight things that are (for instance) >2 weeks without review -
but even then, the things that are just barely two weeks without review sit
at the top, while things that have been 60 days or more without review are
hidden further down.