[openstack-dev] [zaqar] Juno Performance Testing (Round 2)

Kurt Griffiths kurt.griffiths at rackspace.com
Wed Sep 17 22:30:47 UTC 2014

Great question. So, some use cases, like guest agent, would like to see something around ~20ms if the agent is needing to respond to requests from a control surface/panel while a user clicks around. I spoke with a social media company who was also interested in low latency just because they have a big volume of messages they need to slog through in a timely manner or they will get behind (long-polling or websocket support was something they would like to see).

Other use cases should be fine with, say, 100ms. I want to say Heat’s needs probably fall into that latter category, but I’m only speculating.

Some other feedback we got a while back was that people would like a knob to tweak queue attributes. E.g., the tradeoff between durability and performance. That led to work on queue “flavors”, which Flavio has been working on this past cycle, so I’ll let him chime in on that.