[openstack-dev] Please do *NOT* use "vendorized" versions of anything (here: glanceclient using requests.packages.urllib3)

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Wed Sep 17 18:46:50 UTC 2014

Excerpts from Davanum Srinivas's message of 2014-09-17 10:15:29 -0700:
> I was trying request-ifying oslo.vmware and ran into this as well:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/121956/
>
> And we don't seem to have urllib3 in global-requirements either.
> Should we do that first?

Honestly, after reading this:

https://github.com/kennethreitz/requests/pull/1812

I think we might want to consider requests a poor option. Its author
clearly doesn't understand the role a _library_ plays in software
development and considers requests an application, not a library.

For instance, why is requests exposing internal implementation details
at all?  It should be wrapping any exceptions or objects to avoid
forcing users to make this choice at all.