[openstack-dev] [neutron] DVR Tunnel Design Question

Steve Wormley openstack at wormley.com
Wed Sep 17 02:29:03 UTC 2014

In our environment using VXLAN/GRE would make it difficult to keep some of
the features we currently offer our customers. So for a while now I've been
looking at the DVR code, blueprints and Google drive docs and other than it
being the way the code was written I can't find anything indicating why a
Tunnel/Overlay network is required for DVR or what problem it was solving.

Basically I'm just trying to see if I missed anything as I look into doing
a VLAN/OVS implementation.

Thanks,
-Steve Wormley