[openstack-dev] [zaqar] Juno Performance Testing (Round 3)

Kurt Griffiths kurt.griffiths at rackspace.com
Tue Sep 16 23:07:35 UTC 2014

All results have been posted for the 2x web head + 2x redis tests (C3). I
also rearranged the wiki page to make it easier to compare the impact of
adding more capacity on the backend.

In C3, The load generator’s CPUs were fully saturated, while there was
still plenty of headroom on the web heads (~60% remaining CPU capacity)
and redis server instances (50% remaining across 2 procs), based on load
average. Therefore, I think this setup could actually handle a lot more
load than I attempted, and that would be a good followup test.

Keeping in mind that I haven’t spent much time tuning the systems and the
Redis driver still has several opportunities for further optimization, I
think these results so far are a pretty good sign we are on the right
track. I was happy to see that all requests were succeeding and I didn’t
find any race conditions during the tests, so kudos to the team for their
careful coding and reviews!