[openstack-dev] [Openstack] how to deploy juno devstack without multiple backend

Swapnil Kulkarni coolsvap at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 09:31:45 UTC 2014

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 2:18 PM, Nikesh Kumar Mahalka <
nikeshmahalka at vedams.com> wrote:

> Hi i already tried many things but it was not working.
> By default lvm multi-bakends is enabled in juno devstack.
>
> then i went through devstack juno code and
>
> *enabling only single backend:*
> i didnot find exact solution so after installing devstack, i am changing
> cinder.conf for
> single backend and restarting cinder services.
>
> *enabling multiple backends:*
> i am adding this extra line in [local|localrc]] of local.conf
> *CINDER_ENABLED_BACKENDS=hp_msa:hp_msa_driver,lvm:lvmdriver-1*

This thing would not work, I do not see a script for enabling hp_msa as
 cinder_backends

> and outside [local|localrc]] of local.conf
>
> [[post-config|$CINDER_CONF]]
> [hp_msa_driver]
> volume_driver = cinder.volume.drivers.san.hp.hp_msa_fc.HPMSAFCDriver
> san_ip = 192.168.2.192
> san_login = demo
> san_password =!demo
> volume_backend_name=HPMSA_FC
>
> [lvmdriver-1]
> volume_group=stack-volumes-1
> volume_driver=cinder.volume.drivers.lvm.LVMISCSIDriver
> volume_backend_name=LVM_iSCSI
>
> and again i am seeing cinder.conf file and if some thing is extra, i am
> removing and restarting cinder services

if this thing does not work, I would suggest you to configure default
devstack, add the configuration  [hp_msa_driver] in cinder.conf and restart.
I will try the configuration you are trying and let you know in some time.