[openstack-dev] Heat dependency visualisation

Qiming Teng tengqim at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Sep 16 06:49:20 UTC 2014

> Nice. What would be even nicer is a change to python-heatclient so that
> heat resource-list has an option to output in dotfile format.

+1.

It would also be interesting to check if the dependency analysis is
capable of exploding a resource-group.  Say I have a ResourceGroup where
each resource in the group is a Nova server that referencing the same
Neutron security group.  A naive analysis will show that the
ResourceGroup is referencing the security group, but the fact is that
each Nova server is depending on the SecurityGroup individually.
Similarly, it would be interesting to see how this tool is handling
nested stacks.

Regards,
  - Qiming