[openstack-dev] [all] Design Summit planning

Anita Kuno anteaya at anteaya.info
Mon Sep 15 16:45:53 UTC 2014

On 09/12/2014 11:54 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> Anita Kuno wrote:
>> My question involves third party discussions. Now I know at least
>> Neutron is going to have a chat about drivers which involves third party
>> ci accounts as a supportive aspect of that discussion, but I am
>> wondering about the framework for a discussion which I can recommend
>> attendees of the third party meetings to attend. They are shaping up to
>> be an attentive, forward thinking group and are supporting each other
>> which I was hoping for from the beginning so I am very heartened by our
>> progress. I am feeling that as a group folks have questions and concerns
>> they would appreciate the opportunity to air in a mutually constructive
>> venue.
>>
>> What day and where would be the mutually constructive venue?
>>
>> I held off on Joe's thread since third party ci affects 4 or 5 programs,
>> not enough to qualify in my mind as a topic that is OpenStack wide, but
>> the programs it affects are quite affected, so I do feel it is time to
>> mention it.
>
> I think those discussions could happen in a cross-project workshop.
> We'll run 2 or 3 of those in parallel all day Tuesday, so there is
> definitely room there.

Thanks Thierry:

The etherpad to co-ordinate discussions and priortization of third party
items has been created:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/kilo-third-party-items

It will be announced at the third party meeting today:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/ThirdParty#09.2F15.2F14
and is linked on this etherpad:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/kilo-crossproject-summit-topics which
is linked from this page: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Summit/Planning

Be sure to read the instructions at the top of the etherpad, which state:
This is the planning document for the third party items we would like to
discuss at Kilo Summit in Paris, November 2014
Please add items below, they will be discussed at the weekly third party
meeting and top priorities will be selected. If there is an item which
is of particular importance to you, I highly recommend that you or a
delegate regularly attend the weekly third party meetings so that others
may understand your perspective and take it into account when item
priority is decided. While we welcome your submission and especially
your participation, adding items to this etherpad is not a guarantee
that your item will be dicussed during the alloted time, we will have to
prioritize items to fit our timeslot.

Weekly third party meeting:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/ThirdParty

Please bring any questions to todays or a subsequent third party meeting
so we may discuss them.

Thank you,
Anita.