[openstack-dev] [Neutron] keep old specs

Kyle Mestery mestery at mestery.com
Mon Sep 15 13:11:48 UTC 2014

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 4:52 AM, Kevin Benton <blak111 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I saw that the specs that didn't make the deadline for the feature freeze
> were removed from the tree completely.[1] For easier reference, can we
> instead revert that commit to restore them and then move them into a release
> specific folder called 'unimplemented' or something along those lines?

No, I don't think there's value to keeping specs along which never
made a release. The point of the specs repo is to track things which
made the release.

> It will be nice in the future to browse through the specs for a release and
> see what specs were approved but didn't make it in time. Then if someone
> wants to try to propose it again, their patch can be to move the spec into
> the current cycle and then they only have to make revisions rather than redo
> the whole thing.

It should be easy to re-propose the specs for inclusion in Kilo once
that opens up. You can grab a version of the repo before the removal
commit, pull out the spec, update it and re-propose it.