[openstack-dev] All Juno dependencies uploaded to Debian

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Mon Sep 15 09:38:19 UTC 2014

Heya all!

A bit of update to my Debian packaging work I want to share with
everyone here.

Absolutely all Juno dependencies have entered Debian (well, all but
python-xstatic-jquery.bootstrap.wizard which I forgot, and which I have
just uploaded to Sid, waiting for the FTP masters to review, but it
shouldn't take too long).

This week, I'll upload the updates to the following packages (I did this
list at the end of last week, so we may need more...):
diskimage-builder>=0.1.20
django-pyscss>=1.0.2
oslo.config>=1.4.0.0a3
oslo.i18n>=0.3.0
oslo.rootwrap>=1.3.0.0a1
oslo.utils>=0.3.0
oslo.vmware>=0.5
pycadf>=0.6.0
pyghmi>=0.6.11
python-glanceclient>=0.14.0
python-ironicclient>=0.2.1
python-keystoneclient>=0.10.0
python-saharaclient>=0.7.1
python-swiftclient>=2.2.0
oslotest>=1.1.0.0a2
zake>=0.1

When done, I'll start validating Juno packages.

I am very happy that this time, we have a dependency freeze early
enough. I do understand that this may be an issue upstream, but really,
that helps me a lot doing the Debian packaging in time for the release.

Please note that since Jessie will be released with Icehouse, all of the
above will be updated in Debian Experimental only (so that I can keep
older versions for Icehouse in Sid). If anyone feels like it's a better
idea to update the above for Icehouse too, please let me know, and I'll
reconsider an update in Sid/Jessie, rather than in Experimental.

I hope we soon have all xstatic packages in use in Horizon, because I
spent a large amount of my time on these last summer. I by the way would
like to thanks Radomir Dopieralski for working on this: it's really the
good way to do things, and it helps a lot lowering the number of
embedded stuff, which are a security nightmare for distributions. It's
just a shame we didn't have it for Icehouse...

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)