[openstack-dev] [Neutron][Architecture]Suggestions for the third vendors' plugin and driver

Irena Berezovsky irenab at mellanox.com
Sun Sep 14 08:25:56 UTC 2014

Hi,
While keeping focused on defining proper approach to deal with Neutron third vendors’ plugin and driver, we also need to provide solution for complimentary critical piece of code maintained in the Nova code base.
Introducing new vif_type by neutron L2 Plugin/Driver, requires adding vif plugging support at Nova side.
I think it is very important to enable  virt driver  extensibility to support out of the tree/future vif_types.
If the direction is to keep vendor plugins/drivers external to Neutron core, it seems reasonable to impose same policy on the Nova side.

BR,
Irena