[openstack-dev] masking X-Auth-Token in debug output - proposed consistency

Tripp, Travis S travis.tripp at hp.com
Fri Sep 12 00:30:53 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I'm just helping with bug triage in Glance and we've got a bug to update how tokens are redacted in the glanceclient [1].  It says to update to whatever cross-project approach is agreed upon and references this thread:

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2014-June/037345.html

I just went through the thread and as best as I can tell there wasn't a conclusion in the ML.  However, if we are going to do anything, IMO the thread leans toward {SHA1}<sha1oftoken>, with Morgan Fainberg dissenting.  However, he references a patch that was ultimately abandoned.

If there was a conclusion to this, please let me know so I can update and work on closing this bug.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-glanceclient/+bug/1329301

Thanks,
Travis