[openstack-dev] [nova] Server Groups - remove VM from group?

Joe Cropper cropper.joe at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 22:22:06 UTC 2014

I would be a little wary about the DB level locking for stuff like that — it’s certainly doable, but also comes at the expense of things behaving ever-so-slightly different from DBMS to DBMS.  Perhaps there are multiple “logical efforts” here—i.e., adding some APIs and cleaning up existing code.

In any case, I’ve started a blueprint on this [1] and we can continue iterating in the nova-spec once kilo opens up.  Thanks all for the good discussion on this thus far.

[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/dynamic-server-groups

- Joe