[openstack-dev] [neutron][db] Need help resolving a strange error with db connections in tests

Anna Kamyshnikova akamyshnikova at mirantis.com
Thu Sep 11 14:07:27 UTC 2014

Hello everyone!

I'm working on implementing test in Neutron that checks that models are
synchronized with database state [1] [2]. This is very important change as
during Juno cycle big changes of database structure were done.

I was working on it for rather long time but about three weeks ago strange
error appeared [3], using AssertionPool shows [4]. The problem is that
somehow there are more than one connection to database from each test. I
tried to use locks from lockutils, but it didn’t help. On db meeting we
decided to add TestCase just for one Ml2 plugin for starters, and then
continue working on this strange error, that is why there are two change
requests [1] and [2]. But I found out that somehow even one testcase fails
with the same error [5] from time to time.

I’m asking for any suggestions that could be done in this case. It is very
important to get at least [1] merged in Juno.

[1] - https://review.openstack.org/76520

[2] - https://review.openstack.org/120040

[3] - http://paste.openstack.org/show/110158/

[4] - http://paste.openstack.org/show/110159/